Tuesday, April 19, 2011

Contact: A Legacy 1.4


Contact: A Legacy 1.4 by LeahT


Dylan ran through the doors and to the edge of the couch where Peach was sitting. She looked up at him with those orange-yellow eyes. She looked so innocent and unknowing of the impending doom. Dylan panted and squirmed in his current spot, not knowing what to say first.

"How did your boss like your painting?" Peach asked.

That worked. "He liked it a lot. He thought it was new and original," Dylan blurted out and ran his fingers through his hair. "Listen, Peach... We... I don't want you to leave."

"This is great! I don't want to leave, either. Now, I don't have to. I was afraid to tell you earlier because of your whole loner attitude, but now I can stay here now that you feel the same way!" she said happily.

This was going to kill him.


"Listen, Peach... I don't want you to leave, but we have a tiny problem," Dylan paused. "The hounds are here."

She gasped, "No... they can't be here already. I... I can't be found yet. Are you sure it was a hound?"

"Red and black hair... red and black clothes... red and yellow eyes, kind of... maybe a little black in his eyes too," Dylan thought really hard. "He looked really evil and he called me human. You were the only other one to ever call me human."

"That's a hound, alright... Can you help me fix my ship?" Peach squeaked. "I don't want to leave you... but I don't want to die, either..."

"No, I can't, but if there is anyone who can fix a ship in this town, it is Doc Brown. Come on, let's go. Don't bother getting dressed in your human clothes because he's gonna need to see you in your true form."

"Doc Brown? Like... Back to the Future?"

"You've seen that movie?" Dylan asked.

"It was on while you were still sleeping... Does he look like him?"

"Ummm... yes... but it's just a coincidence. If people ask about what you're wearing, just tell them that we're going to a costume party."

"Oh, okay."


Dylan hailed a cab and the two of them hopped in.

"This is a..." Peach started.

"Taxi," Dylan finished.

"What's a taxi?" she asked. 

"It's a car that takes you from one place to another for a price. It's very convenient if the place you want to get to is far away," Dylan explained.

"Oh," Peach nodded. "What's a car?"

Dylan sighed, "What you would call a spaceship that can't fly. You've probably been seeing them the whole time you've been here, but thought they were spaceships that were just not flying at the moment."

"So... none of those were spaceships."

"No."

"Weird."


"Where are we?" Peach asked as they got out of the taxi.

Dylan looked at where they were, "This is what we call a trailer park."

"Like a zoo?"

"No, not like a zoo. They are houses, but smaller. It really doesn't matter, Peach. Can you please stop being curious for two seconds?" Dylan mumbled.


Peach looked at all of the trailers with wide eyes as if they were undiscovered gems.

"Which one does he live in?" she asked.

"The one over there," Dylan pointed to a brown one.


As they got closer, they realized it was rather cluttered with unnecessary items and a "no fishing" sign. Peach looked from side to side.

"I don't see any water, where are the fish?" she asked.

"Nowhere... he's a little... odd," Dylan said as he knocked on the door and waiting for Doc Brown to answer.

Peach eyed the sign and still looked for any sign of water.

 An old man exited and shook Dylan's hand with a slight hint of hesitation.

"Hey, Dylan, how's it goin?" he asked in a gruff voice.

"Pretty... good," Dylan grasped for words.

"Come inside?" he asked.

Dylan looked at Peach and she nodded.


They walked inside and Doc looked at Peach, "This isn't a costume, is it?"

"I'm a catonsian," Peach said proudly. 

"An alien to us," Doc eyed her and grinned, "This is very big, Dylan. How did you find her?"

"Um... she... found me," he mumbled.

Peach giggled, "I found him in the library and he fainted. I took him to my spaceship and then he woke up... He didn't want to help me at first and I've been living with him for a few days."

"You're spaceship?" Doc asked. "Mind if I look at it?"

"Actually, Doc, that's why we're here... Can I have a word with you outside? Peach, no offense, but I would like to talk to him alone," Dylan said.

"No problem," Peach smiled innocently.


"How's your ol' man?" Doc asked as soon as they were outside. "I haven't seen him in years."

Dylan's eyes shifted from side to side, "Yeah... neither have I."

"Oh, sorry, I just thought..."

"No, It's okay," Dylan interrupted. "But, if you don't mind, I came here to talk about Peach."

"Peach?"

"That's my nickname for her because I can't pronounce her alien name... But her name means Peach anyways, so, you know, it's still basically the same..." Dylan blabbered.

"Oh, right."

He took in a breath and hoped everything would go smoothly, "She crashed her ship on the beach when she was trying to run away from her home planet. It's a sin to run away... and now, the hounds, another alien, are to come and take her home to punish her. I don't want her to get hurt."


"What do you want me to do about it?" Doc Brown asked seriously. "I don't see where I come in..."

"I want you to try and fix the spaceship."

Doc sighed, "Dylan, I have never encountered such a thing. I don't think I could. The biggest engine I have ever fixed  was on a lawn mower."

"It's not just the engines that needs fixing..." Dylan pulled out a list from his pants pocket, "She wrote down everything that was wrong with the ship..."

Doc looked at the list, "'Both engines are down, completely out of fuel, emergency battery dead, motherboard fried, all the main controls were stuck, and the ship was on fire'..." he read. He looked up at Dylan, "Was?"

"Yeah, it was when she crashed it..."

"Dylan, I can't do this."


"Doc... Please, I know I've only known Peach for a few days, but I really..."

"Care about her?"

Dylan was silent. He looked at his feet and at his hands. He gazed up at the Doc and blushed.

"Ah, young love," he smiled. "Just cuz you feel that way, I'll tell you what. I'll look at the ship. Peach is charming and she doesn't deserve to be taken back yet. She deserves to have a life of her own... And if I get this ship going... Do you know what that means?"

"She'll have to leave..." Dylan looked at the ground sadly.

"Yes... but, Dylan," Doc looked at him seriously, "You have to leave too."

 As Dylan watched Doc go back into the trailer, he couldn't help but think... Could I really just leave this place? Could I leave my home and work and just go with her? Can I do that?

Doc's words echoed in his head as he followed him.

 "Peach, I will attempt to fix your spaceship. I have no guarantees, but I will try," Doc said.

She smiled at him and reached into her pocket, "Here, take this," she said and pressed a small capsule into his hand. "This is my spaceship. Just break it in half, outside preferably, and my spaceship will grow to full capacity. It's big, though, so you might want to move to avoid being squished."


"Okay, please take care of Dylan for me," he smiled.


"I will. He doesn't even know how to make squares and he always loses the clicker," she beamed.


"Squares? Clicker?"


"Waffles... and remote..." Dylan mumbled. "Well... we'll be off. Please call us if you get anywhere on the spaceship."


"Will do, Dylan. Please, call me if you need anything. You don't need to be such a loner," he said. "And Dylan... think about what I said. She doesn't need to leave alone."


"Dylan, what did he mean by that?" Peach asked.

"Um... mean by what?" Dylan asked, playing dumb.

"Oh, you know, 'she doesn't have to be alone'?" Peach quoted in a gruff voice. "I don't understand what he means."

Dylan shrugged, "Oh... well... he means... ummm," Think, Dylan... Make something up fast! "You don't have to sleep alone. You should be allowed to sleep in my bed, too."

"You really mean it, Dylan?!" Peach squeaked. "I get to go to bed now?"

Oh crap! Now what have I done? I've sacrificed my big bed... "Yeah, I really mean it, you get to share the bed with me. He didn't think it was fair that you got that cramped little couch all to your lonesome."

"Oh this is so great!"

"Yeah..."


Dylan made a picture frame with his hands and squinted.

"There is something here... that does not belong. Can you tell me what it is, Peach?"

"You told me I could sleep here!"

"Yes... this is true," he laughed and put his arms down. "But, you are in my spot. Scoot over."

Peach shook her head, "This side of the bed seems quite lovely. I think I will sleep here tonight."

Dylan grumbled and sat on the edge of the bed, "Why do I have to sleep on this side? It's my bed. I am the one who bought this bed. I am the one who pays rent every month..."

"I can get a job."

"No offense, Peach, but I don't think you can get a job."

"I'll prove you wrong. I'll try doing that painty thing."

"Haha... that's... funny..." he laughed.

"What? All you have to do is put the brush to the paper, right?" she asked.



"No, it's harder than that," he said. "Why don't you try working at the grocery store?"

"Grocery store? Is that easy?"

"Yeah, I guess..." Dylan shrugged. "It's a start and, you'd be helping with the rent, if you really want to."

Peach nodded, "Yep! I wanna help for as long as I am here. Hopefully, the hound won't get me before then..."

"Peach, come here..."


"I won't let anything hurt you," Dylan whispered.

Peach snuggled up against him, "I believe you."



He gently pushed her down on the bed and looked into her eyes.

"Peach, I won't let any phone call ruin this moment. I have no deadlines, nowhere to go, nothing to do or see, no one to--"

"Dylan?"

"Yeah?"

"Shut up."

Dylan laughed, "Okay."


When their lips finally touched, sparks flew. It was nothing like Peach nor Dylan had expected. Peach had never been kissed, so she didn't know what to expect. Dylan, well, he knew better. He had been kissed before, but it was nothing like this. His heart raced, his brow broke a sweat. But the whole time, he could only wonder one thing: Should I go with her when it's time to leave?

10 comments:

  1. She got her kiss! Finally!

    lol, back to the future dude!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aaaawww!!!! I really have nothing more to say. This chapter was just so... AW! :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOL that guy totally looked like back to the future! Love it!

    Finally they kiss........

    But...where is 247??????????????????????????????

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you everyone. =3

    Ny: This was a chapter to concentrate on them... He will be more in the NEXT one. I had to focus more on their relationship. lol... And it was the back to the future guy LOL The guy who made the town put him in it and I just HAD to have him in my story!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I totally <3 ur stories!! I just discovered this one, and I am hooked! And I think it'd be sooo romantic if they either stayed together on Earth, or went to some other planet, I guess there's nothing more to say except... Please make another one SOON !

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you, Devonyae!! :) I will definitely update as soon as I get home. I'm at my mom's house right now and very busy, but I am thinking of many different thinks I can do in this story. :D

    ReplyDelete
  7. HAHA!! FINALLY THEY KISSED!! they have such chemistry im so glad they are finally together!! he should definitely go with her!! LOVE back to the future so glad the Doc actually looks like Doc Brown!! Well done make sure you get published!!! Cant wait for more!
    xxLottie1010xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. AAHHH u r totally killing me with this LONNNGGGG wait!!! LOL JK. I m just so excited to see what will happen next. Keep up the good work!
    -Devonyae

    ReplyDelete
  9. lol Sorry. School started up again. Not that I went. I was actually caught up by an ER visit and the doctor told me to sit out and rest. I COULD be doing this, but I've been sleeping a whole lot. I will do the next chapter soon. I'll at least start working on it within the next couple of days. How does that sound? lol.

    ReplyDelete